Terms and Conditions
1. Eligibility Criteria
Royal Rehab Private Petersham follows the below criteria to allow a confirmed accommodation booking:
- Short term accommodation (respite) for up to 14 days.
- Therapeutic support services available.
- Physiotherapy, including neurological therapists.
- Occupational Therapy
- Aquatic Physio – 34˚C heated pool with hoist access.
- Speech Therapy review may be available on request.
- Health and wellbeing activities:
- Exercise Physiology
- My needs meet the primary purpose of Royal Rehab Private Petersham.
- Royal Rehab Private Petersham is not equipped to support ventilator dependent participants.
- If you use continuous Oxygen using a Concentrator, please contact us to discuss whether your support requirements can be met.
- Royal Rehab Private Petersham cannot support you if you have significant behaviours of concerns or addictions that may affect the quiet enjoyment of other participants.
- The staff at Royal Rehab Private Petersham are trained to support people with disabilities/neurological deficits and non-acute medical conditions. I understand that I might be required to bring my own trained support if my care requirements are complex and exceed the staff skill set.
- Royal Rehab Private Petersham short term accommodation does not manage sudden onset of acute medical conditions. I understand that an ambulance will be called for me if I require medical attention and that I will be responsible for any costs incurred in transporting me and/or my equipment to and from hospital.
2. Making a Booking
2.1 Confirmation of Eligibility
Firstly, you will need to confirm your eligibility by acknowledging that you meet the terms of the eligibility criteria appearing on the Royal Rehab Private Petersham booking page and that your support needs may be reasonably met at Royal Rehab Private Petersham.
2.2 Booking Form
You must agree to provide all information necessary to assist our staff to establish your support needs during your stay at Royal Rehab Private Petersham. This information will be collected via an online form for each stay and held in confidence only for the purpose of ensuring that adequate supports can be made available during your stay.
2.3 Booking Policy
When you make a booking enquiry, you will be sent an online booking form (clause 2.2). When you return the completed booking form with preferred stay dates and support requirements, the request will be reviewed by our staff. If we can provide accommodation and support, and secure funding for your preferred dates, only then will you be allocated a room. A participant’s care and equipment needs may dictate the room we have to allocate.
2.4 Minimum stay
We offer a 3-day minimum stay.
3. Rates & Charges for services
The prices quoted to you for your Royal Rehab Private Petersham Accommodation Packages are based upon the information you have provided and the assessment of your support needs made by the Royal Rehab Private Petersham staff, in consultation with you. All services delivered at Royal Rehab Private Petersham are specifically designed to meet the needs of the participant. Additional fees will be incurred and must be agreed upon in the event you request over 6 hours of personal care or require 2 persons to participate in therapy.
Quoted rates are inclusive of all compulsory government or regulatory charges and taxes (for example GST) where applicable.
Quoted rates do not include transport to or from events or activities held externally to Royal Rehab Private Petersham or items of a personal nature including but not limited to medication, personal care products, laundry, telephone, taxis, room service transfers, airport taxes, unless otherwise indicated.
Please note meals are included in your booking.
3.1 These prices are subject to change if:
- A payment/signed service agreement which is due for a booking is not received by the stated due date.
- Any details relating to your booking are incorrect or amended, for example, your dates of stay, package type, increased care needs, or the number of persons staying under your booking.
- There is a change in or imposition of a government charge, tax, or levy which entitles or necessitates Royal Rehab Private Petersham changing the price of your booking.
If the price of a booking is changed (as per the above 2 points) before your stay, you may elect to pay the new price/sign a new service agreement to confirm your booking, or cancel your booking and receive a full refund, provided that such cancellation is notified within five (5) clear business days of receiving the revised quotation.
3.2 Booking Confirmation
Once a booking has been confirmed and accepted by you, a valid Visa or Master credit or debit card must be provided in case of cancellation where a charge is payable. Your credit/debit card details are retained securely. You must provide credit card details when you check in (if they are not already on file) and sign the participant registration form. If you have an outstanding account, Royal Rehab Private Petersham reserves the right to put all future bookings on hold until the account is paid.
3.3 Additional expenses
Your credit card may be used to cover incidental items including but not limited to bedside locker keys, security bond or deposit for any breakages or damage incurred during your stay (including the fine for setting off the fire alarm) or cleaning charges in excess of the normal level of cleaning. In the case where a credit card/debit card cannot be provided please note that if any incidental charges or damages are not paid for, no future stay at Royal Rehab Private Petersham will be permitted until such fees are paid.
3.4 Funder Approval
It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that any part of their stay for which they are seeking funding meets the criteria of that funder. The participant is liable for any costs of services provided that the funder will not meet.
3.5 icare (lifetime care/workers care) participants
icare participants are required to provide Royal Rehab Private Petersham with an approval number (RP number) and Service Approval/Purchase Order from their coordinator or case manager as part of the online booking form. No bookings can be processed until this approval has been received. Royal Rehab Private Petersham will be tracking the number of nights against the approved maximum in the Service Approval/Purchase Order.
3.6 NDIS Participants, who are NDIA, managed
NDIS Participants, who are NDIA, managed must ensure that any services that are engaged are covered by the NDIS and are included in their plan. Before a booking can be confirmed, a Service Level Agreement* must be completed. Once the participant signs and returns the Service Level Agreement* to Royal Rehab Private Petersham, a service booking will be made in the MyPlace portal and funds will be secured; at this stage, the booking is confirmed.
3.7 NDIS participants that have a Plan Manager
Plan Managed participants must ensure that any services that are engaged are covered by the NDIS and are included in their plan.
3.8 NDIS participants that are Self-Managed
Self-managed participants must ensure that any services that are engaged are covered by the NDIS and are included in their plan. Before a booking can be confirmed, a Service Level Agreement* must be completed. Once the participant signs and returns the Service Level Agreement* to Royal Rehab Private Petersham, and a valid Visa or Master credit or debit card is provided (in case of cancellation where a charge is payable), the booking is confirmed. An invoice will be sent on or after the day of departure to the participant to arrange payment. Payment can also be made by EFTPOS transaction at reception.
*The Booking Request Form at www.royalrehabprivatepetersham.com.au is our Service Level Agreement.
4. Cancellation, Changes and Refunds
4.1 Booking Cancellation policy
If a cancellation is made less than seven (7) full days prior to the original arrival date, 90% of the total fee must be paid (to a maximum of 5 nights). There is no charge if more than seven (7) full days’ notice is given.
4.2 If you chose to shorten your stay, or make an amendment to the original booking dates
Seven (7) full days’ notice is required, or there will be a charge one incurred of one (1) night.
4.3 Changing your supports.
A participant may change a package level without charge if more than seven (7) full days’ notice is given prior to their date of arrival. Within seven (7) full days of arrival, a participant may downgrade their package; however, a one (1) night fee of the package rate initially booked will be charged. If a participant would like to upgrade to a care package during their stay, Royal Rehab Private Petersham will provide this service only if there is adequate staff availability and a new Service Level Agreement is signed.
4.4 Therapist Cancellation policy
If less than two (2) clear business days’ notice is given to cancel an appointment, 100% of the total fee must be paid. There is no charge if more notice of cancellation is given.
4.5 You agree to inform Royal Rehab Private Petersham immediately if your funding is suspended or replaced by a new funding agreement.
4.6 Changes to Service Level Agreements
If changes to the supports or their delivery are required, we both agree to discuss and review this Service Level Agreement. We both agree that any changes to this Service Level Agreement will be in writing, signed, and dated.
4.7 Ending a Service Level Agreement
Should either Party wishes to end this Service Level Agreement, they must give reasonable notice. Payment for supports/services is required during this notice period. If either Party seriously breaches this Service Level Agreement, the requirement of notice will be waived.
5. Check-In and Check-Out
- Check-in is from 12:00pm – 2:00pm, or later with prior notice. Participants will have to complete a participant registration form when they arrive. Your credit/debit card details will be retained securely.
- Check-out is at 10:00am on the day of departure. A late checkout is subject to availability; please contact reception prior to your day of departure if you would like to request this.
- Should a participant depart before reception hours, any outstanding incidental charges will be charged to the credit/debit card on file. Remaining accommodation balances will be sent in an invoice to the relevant person/agency.
6. Special Requests
Royal Rehab Private Petersham does not guarantee that special requests can be accommodated. Room allocation is based on participant requirements.
Royal Rehab Private Petersham is not a licensed venue and BYO alcohol is not allowed. Alcohol may be provided with a meal as requested; however, excessive alcohol consumption is not permitted.
8. Food and Dining
Royal Rehab Private Petersham does not have an onsite restaurant, but meals are provided at breakfast, lunch, and dinner with morning and afternoon tea services. You are also able to dine out or order in using UberEATS/Menu log as an option. Rooms are equipped with a small fridge, cutlery, and tea and coffee making facilities. Modified cutlery is not available.
9. Medication and Personal Care items
Royal Rehab Private Petersham does not provide medications or personal care items during your stay. Participants are responsible for their medications and administration unless indicated on the booking form. All participants are required to upload to the booking form a recent copy of the medication summary provided by your GP (within the last 3 months). Participants that require assistance with medication administration must provide a Pharmacy Dispensed Webster Pack to facilitate staff administration of medication for the duration of their stay.
10. Maps and Images
Photos and floor plans are indicative only.
11. Travel Insurance (ONLY for non-compensable privately paying participants)
Royal Rehab Private Petersham recommends that at the time of booking confirmation you purchase comprehensive travel insurance to cover items including, but not limited to, loss of booking amount through cancellation, loss or damage to personal baggage, loss of money, and medical expenses.
Royal Rehab Private Petersham is committed to providing participants and staff with a 100% smoke-free environment. Please assist us in providing a safe and healthy environment for all our participants and staff by refraining from smoking on the grounds. Please also refrain from smoking within 4 meters of all entry doors. Smoking inside your room may incur a $200 cleaning fee, as well as the NSW Fire Brigades fine for setting off the fire alarm (approximately $2500).
13. Use of Facilities
13.1 Participants and Visitors
Accommodation rooms, once confirmed, are only for use by designated participants and their nominated visitors/carers at the time of booking. Participant rooms have a maximum number of persons allowed specific to the size of that room. If more participants arrive than beds allocated or allowed, an additional room must be booked if available. There is an additional fee for this. Official visitors must report to reception and sign a Visitor/Contractor Register to indicate arrival and departure times.
13.2 External Therapists, Case Managers/Coordinators and Suppliers meeting a Participant onsite
External Therapists, Case Managers/Coordinators, and Suppliers are welcome to see participants onsite; however, we reserve the right to deny entry to any individual or business onto the premise at any time. Royal Rehab Private Petersham has the right to ask to see insurance certificates and appropriate evidence of competency at any time. All services must be delivered in a participant’s room. Communal spaces at Royal Rehab Private Petersham, including the gym, are not to be used by External Therapists, Case Managers/Coordinators, and Suppliers. All Support workers and carers must sign in and out at reception when onsite at Royal Rehab Private Petersham.
We have access to a local laundry & dry-cleaning service should you require it during your stay for a fee.
14. Assistance Animals
Royal Rehab Private Petersham is happy to accommodate participants traveling with an assistance animal. If you have an assistance animal and are visiting from another state, please note that you will still need to follow the Royal Rehab Private Petersham policy (found on our website), which adheres to NSW law as stated by the Office of Local Government.
Before your assistance animal is allowed onsite at Royal Rehab Private Petersham, you must adhere to the terms below:
- Provide proof of accreditation (must have a medallion on their collar with the registration number and/or the owner must also carry a laminated pass).
- Assistance animals are required to be harnessed and wearing their bibs in all public areas within Royal Rehab Private Petersham.
- Assistance animals must not urinate or defecate anywhere inside the building. They must be taken outside, and all faeces removed and placed in a rubbish bin after being sealed in a plastic bag (Royal Rehab Private Petersham can assist with this).
- Only animal water and food bowls are to be used for your assistance animal. Royal Rehab Private Petersham has some available upon request.
- Assistance animals must not cause harm to another person, animal, or property.
- Assistance animals must not disturb other participants by causing noise such as barking or scratching.
- Assistance animals must not sleep on beds, couches, or furniture in the participant room or common areas. You may bring a clean animal bed or ask staff if one is available to borrow. This is important for the sake of other participants that will use the property and may have allergies. Specific rooms may be allocated for those with assistance animals to aid in the comfort of others.
It is unlawful to impose a charge on a person to enter a place open to, or used by the public, only because the person is accompanied by an assistance animal unless:
- It is reasonably necessary to supply additional accommodation for the animal and a reasonable charge is applied for that accommodation, OR
- The owner or person in charge of the place reasonably incurs additional expense because the animal is present, the charge is reasonable in the circumstances and is charged to compensate for the expense. This means any cost incurred by Royal Rehab Private Petersham as a result of additional cleaning, property replacement, or any other damages caused physically or to our reputation, due to this policy not being adhered to, will be passed onto the participant with the accompanying assistance animal.
15. Royal Rehab Private Petersham Access
You can access Royal Rehab Private Petersham via the front reception on Addison Road or via Shaw Street using intercom access. Both entrances are accessible; however, Shaw Street only is wheelchair accessible.
Our free car park can be accessed via Addison Road or Shaw Street. There is also plenty of free unlimited street parking in the Petersham area.
Royal Rehab Private Petersham acknowledges and respects the role of people who act as an independent advocate for a participant, including families, friends, guardians, and financial managers when they take on that role. Royal Rehab Private Petersham actively encourages and supports participants and their families to engage with independent Advocacy Services but will equally respect the right of participants to choose their own advocate and to change their independent advocate at any time during service provision.
New South Wales
Multicultural Disability Advocacy Association of NSW Incorporated
People with Disability Australia
Regional Disability Advocacy Service
Spinal Cord Injuries Australia (SCIA)
Sydney Regional Aboriginal Corporation (SRAC)
P: (02) 4732 3948
51-57 Henry Street, Penrith NSW 2750
A full list of advocacy services can be found here.
17. Language Services
Royal Rehab Private Petersham is committed to communicating with all participants using the language, mode of communication, and terms that the participant is most likely to understand.
Interpreter services are available when requested in the booking form – Fees apply.
With consent, we are happy to communicate directly with an advocate, case manager, support coordinator, family member, or alike.
18. Code of Conduct
For the benefit of participants, neighbors, and staff, we have a Code of Conduct to help everyone enjoy their stay.
Royal Rehab Private Petersham agrees to:
- Listen to you and learn about what you want and need and support you to make decisions and choices.
- Provide the best available supports/services appropriate to your needs, including consulting with you on decisions about how supports/services are provided.
- Engage others who are important to you (as you wish), and together we will support you to achieve the goals and aspirations you identify.
- Obtain consent before commencing supports/services.
- Once agreed, provide supports that meet your needs.
- Regularly review the provision of supports with you.
- Communicate openly and honestly and in a timely manner.
- Treat you with courtesy, dignity, and respect.
- Treat personal information in a confidential manner and protect your privacy.
- Keep current and accurate records of supports/services provided.
- Provide you with information about managing any complaints or disagreements.
- Listen to your feedback and resolve problems quickly.
- Give you notice if we must change or cancel a scheduled appointment to provide supports. Where possible, another appointment will be scheduled at a time that is suitable for you.
- Give you notice if we need to end a Service Level Agreement or cancel a booking.
- Take reasonable steps to confirm your safety.
- Provide staff with adequate training to meet your service requests and requirements.
- Provide supports in a manner consistent with all relevant laws, e.g., National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 and rules, and the Australian Consumer Law.
- Inform you of our role in teaching and training students/new staff members and to ask for your consent where it is proposed that a student/new staff member be involved in your supports/services.
- Issue regular invoices and statements of the supports delivered.
You agree to:
- Inform Royal Rehab Private Petersham of how you wish the supports/services to be delivered.
- Treat Royal Rehab Private Petersham staff and other participants with courtesy and respect.
- Work with Royal Rehab Private Petersham to put your plan into action; this may include recommendations from your support team.
- Ask questions if you are unsure about your supports being provided or if you have any concerns.
- Pay any fees associated with your supports/services promptly (you will be advised of these before the supports/service commences).
- Give Royal Rehab Private Petersham reasonable notice if you need to end a Service Level Agreement or cancel a booking and follow our Cancellation Policy and Procedures.
- If applicable, let Royal Rehab Private Petersham know immediately if your NDIS plan is suspended or replaced by a new NDIS plan or if you stop being a participant in the NDIS.
- Allow Royal Rehab Private Petersham, at the commencement of supports/services, to work with you to identify any risks that may affect staff, others, or you, and to cooperate with all reasonable actions to minimize negative risk and enhance positive opportunities.
- Refrain from making noise in your room or in communal areas after 7pm.
- Refrain from using abusive language or actions.
- Follow staff direction.
- Under no circumstances use or be in possession of illicit substances.
- Be aware that willful damage to property will incur full costs of repair, replacement, cleaning, and staff time.
By agreeing to the terms and conditions, you are agreeing to the Code of Conduct.
19. Risk Warning and Liability Waiver
You acknowledge and agree that your participation in any exercise or activity organized by us is an activity which is subject to risks.
- Aggravation of previous or existing illnesses or injuries.
- Injury from not using the equipment with incorrect technique or not for its intended purpose.
- Damage to skin (cuts, bruises, grazes & pressure injuries).
- Sunburn and exposure to weather.
To review the full risk assessments completed by Royal Rehab Private Petersham, please speak to management.
By acknowledging that you agree to our terms and conditions, you are agreeing that:
- You have read the above risk warning; and
- You release us, our agents and servants, and all other parties associated with organizing activities from any responsibility or legal liability associated with your presence at and participation in the activities, whether at Royal Rehab Private Petersham or at another location.
To the extent that the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) applies, this release is limited to responsibility and legal liability for death or personal injury and does not apply to significant personal injury caused by reckless conduct by us.
20. Feedback, Suggestions, compliments and complaints
20.1 Procedure for receiving compliments
Compliments are welcomed and are usually received:
- In person, over the telephone, in writing, or as part of our feedback form sent after every stay
- Where formal compliments are received regarding a member of staff or a service from a participant, client, or relevant other, these should be brought to the attention of the General Manager.
- The General Manager should personally acknowledge the staff member(s) involved and refer the compliment on as required.
- Compliments are shared at staff meetings.
20.2 Procedure for receiving formal and non-formal complaints
Royal Rehab Private Petersham welcomes complaints; they are considered as valuable feedback for the service to continually improve and develop.
- Participants, clients, visitors and their families, advocates, and substitute/supported decision-makers have a right to raise complaints regarding the services and to have their complaints dealt with promptly and in a positive way.
- Participants, clients, visitors and their families, advocates, and substitute decision-makers who make a complaint are valued and should not fear retribution.
- Complaints are welcomed and are usually received:
- In person
- Over the telephone
- In writing
- As part of our feedback form sent after every stay
Staff at all levels must accept complaints and know what action they can take to resolve them.
- All complaints are to be forwarded to the Quality Systems Manager.
- Complaints are referred to the next level of management when the matter is outside delegation or is unresolved.
- Informal complaints or simple matters of concern should be dealt with by the site staff involved where possible, with support from the manager. However, for more serious matters or those with broader implications for Royal Rehab Private Petersham and the organization, the General Manager will notify the Quality, Risk and Compliance Manager and relevant members of the Executive to participate in the resolution.
- In cases where the complainant does not feel comfortable making a complaint to those directly delivering the service, the appropriate manager should be notified to speak to the complainant.
- In cases where the complainant does not feel comfortable making a complaint to the manager, complaints can be made to the Royal Rehab Quality and Risk Manager via email@example.com.
- If responses from the Royal Rehab Private Petersham General Manager or Royal Rehab are not considered adequate by the complainant, the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission can be contacted by calling 1800 035 544 or visiting www.ndiscommission.gov.au.
23. Media Consent
Royal Rehab Private Petersham, from time to time, would like to share our participants’ experiences to show what is possible at Royal Rehab Private Petersham and to encourage others in a similar situation to visit. We would share these images using various media, including but not limited to social media and print, only with your consent.
Media consent is either gained by signing the agreement on the online booking form or by signing a Media Consent Form.
Our full Media consent policy can be found in our booking form.
24. Privacy, Dignity and Confidentiality Policy
Royal Rehab Private Petersham is committed to safeguarding the privacy of client information and has implemented measures to comply with its obligations under the privacy legislation.
We have policies and procedures in place to respect and protect a client’s privacy and dignity; ‘Privacy Dignity and Confidentiality’ and our ‘Code of Conduct’. Our full Privacy, Dignity and Confidentiality policy can be accessed through the booking form.
Our policies dictate information about privacy, the type of information that will be sought and why it is requested.
Consent is sought before any personal information can be collected, shared or used for any reason, other than for the purpose for which it was originally collected; the exception being when disclosure of information is required by law to lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to the life, health or safety of any person or a serious threat to public health. New South Wales has legislation which outlines the minimum period that medical records should be kept.
Credit card details will be retained securely. Payments can be made in person, or over the phone with card numbers entered directly into the EFTPOS terminal.
25. Your Contact Details and Ours
Your Contact Details:
You must let us know any change in your contact details by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not update your contact details when they have changed, notice given by us to the email or other address we have on our records for you will be valid notice to you under these Terms.
Our Contact Details:
Any written notice or completed form that you need to provide under this Agreement must be sent by email to email@example.com or sent by post to, or handed to a Royal Rehab Private Petersham Staff or General Manager at:Royal Rehab Private Petersham
275 Addison Road
Petersham NSW 2049
Only notices delivered to us in one of these ways will be valid notice under this Agreement.