- Temporary position (until SEP 2024)
- Full-time opportunity
- Genuine career opportunities
- Up to $15,900 salary packaging per financial year
- Inner West, Sydney
Royal Rehab Private Petersham (formerly known as MetroRehab Hospital) is a 37 bed private rehabilitation hospital centrally located in Petersham NSW, close to public transport and with access to off street parking.
We provide the highest level of patient care through dedicated staff experienced in all major rehabilitation specialties. Multidisciplinary care is delivered to patients according to individualised patient goals and needs. Our sole focus is helping our patients achieve a better quality of life through rehabilitation, and we are constantly looking at new ways to help improve patient outcomes.
With over 30 years experience in providing private rehabilitation services, we are dedicated to promoting the independence of our patients and development of our staff. If you strive for quality in delivering excellent patient care and would like to work as part of our rehabilitation team, apply today!
About the role..
Exciting opportunity for a passionate Allied Health Assistant to work closely with and under the direction of Allied Health Therapists within a multidisciplinary team in the inpatient rehabilitation unit, day rehabilitation program and outpatient/NDIS program at RRPP. This role may also involve working in or providing cover to other units from time to time upon request.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implement individual and group therapy programs following written/verbal instructions, predominantly under the instruction/supervision of the Allied Health team.
- Assist with hydrotherapy sessions as required, including getting into the pool.
- Assist with walking and transferring clients.
- Assist with outdoor mobility and community access practice.
- Report changes in patient’s condition and incidents to therapist immediately.
- Document in the medical record in accordance with Royal Rehab Private Petersham guidelines.
- Ensure continuity of care by providing detailed handovers to other therapists.
- Tidy and clean therapy areas according to infection control guidelines.
- Ensure Allied Health and ward equipment is maintained in good working order, maintain an inventory of items and organise supplies as required.
- Complete admin duties as requested by therapists/Allied Health Manager.
We are seeking self-motivated and friendly individuals with:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent teamwork, time management and self-organisational skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Computer literacy including demonstrated competence using Microsoft Word, email and Internet.
- Cert IV in Allied Health Assistance or equivalent (not essential).
- Previous experience working within a private hospital or rehabilitation setting.
- Experience working with people with physical and neurological disabilities.
- Ability to independently implement treatment programs with individual clients and within a group setting.
- Knowledge of disability specific or adaptive equipment.
- Ability to swim.
What we offer…
- Salary Packaging: Up to $15,900 salary packaging per financial year
- Benefits: Fitness Passport & HCF Private Health Insurance discounts
- Career growth: Genuine career opportunities
- Work life balance: Flexible work arrangements
- Salary: Competitive remuneration
- Leadership: Supportive and experienced leadership team
- Culture: Friendly and close-knit team environment
We are proud of our diverse and skilled team of passionate healthcare and support professionals committed to delivering the very best for the people we serve. A career at Royal Rehab is the opportunity to make a difference with a progressive and innovative organisation, built on a rich history of community care since 1899.
If you are interested in joining the team at Royal Rehab Private Petersham, address the essential criteria in your cover letter and CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!
Please note, only applicants that address this criteria will be considered.
Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a current criminal record check (no older than 3 months), working with children check, employment history and referee checks.
*All final applicants for this position will be requested to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination immunisation record or medical exemption certificate as part of the recruitment process* We do not provide sponsorship and no agencies please.
Emma Scriven, Allied Health Manager
Phone: (02) 8585 4900